Today I want to talk about 5 warning signs that you are not thriving, or why you are still stuck in survival mode. By paying attention to these warning signs and making corrections you will be able to move from survival mindset mode to full throttle thriving in a short time. Once you make these changes you will actually begin enjoying your life. Sounds great doesn’t it? Side note: I don’t really think there is any “bad thinking”,, there is only thinking, believing and doing that results either in what you want to experience or not. I just thought that picture would get your attention. Did it? Leave a comment!
1. You are still spending far more hours each day and week going through YouTube channels trying to find the magic wand, pixie dust or genie in the bottle than you are actually living a satisfying and fulfilling life. Don’t get me wrong I love YouTube, I even have a channel there and greatly enjoy making videos to interact with people and make new friends. What I do mean here is you are just going around finding something to “make you feel” rather than applying anything you are watching. This is a huge problem with entertainment, whether it’s YouTube, Netflix or Hulu watching. It’s easy to unplug from your dreams and plug into something that feels good on some level. It’s not a total waste of time and energy, it just depends on how you are using this watching something someone else wants you to know, time. ( I love sentences like that, even though I know it makes the grammar police growl like wolves) Take five minutes right now to be honest about what you are looking for with all that video watching. What are you feeling while doing it? Do you notice how it’s not making a real difference in your real life? It’s nice to watch stuff, I love Netflix and spend several hours a week watching a series of some kind to defrag my brain from all the thinking I’ve been doing. But if you are using entertainment to keep you from seeing yourself.. you will stay stuck in survival mindset mode and not find your way to full throttle thriving. Thriving is applied action to your dreams, not just continuing to dream and then cop out with a mind numbing movie.
2. Books Everywhere with no change in sight. You spend loads of time and maybe even money buying books to help you find that perfect mate, or heal your body, or deal with your emotions, or learn to apply the law of attraction or make more money etc. etc. Your Kindle and book shelves are filled to the brim with all those great self help books but that’s the end of it. Read em and forget em. I bet you don’t even leave the author a review do you? (Which is a big deal to me since I’m an author and delight like a kid on Christmas morning when one of my books gets a review) I love books and my home has literally hundreds of them in the study and even my bedroom gets stacks here and there. Having the books isn’t the issue, not doing anything with the information in the book is the issue. I’m a very honest author and teacher. I always suggest that when you read my books or listen to my radio shows or watch my videos that you have your journal handy to write down what your inner voice tells you. What I say is only the reminder of what you know. It’s YOUR wisdom that you want. I share with you what works in my life, those are my answers. They will aid you in finding your own, but you’ve got to be willing to listen to your inner wisdom in order to hear anything. Then you’ve got to apply or practice that. Just reading a book will NOT change your life, even if it’s one of mine and my books are awesome, (if I do say so myself, and I do say so myself because I’ve read each one and applied my own wisdom to what Spirit gave me to write down for all of us) I have a book titled, “How To Be Happy And Live Free”, it’s a great book, but just reading it will not transform you from surviving to thriving. You’ve got to apply.
3. OMG I must find another teacher or plug in again to the one that makes me feel the best. You’ve substituted feeling good for living good. There are a lot of teachers out there that know how to use words like music and magic. It’s wonderful listening to them or reading their books. HOWEVER if you don’t apply anything that’s being taught you are left with just the chemical reaction resulting in feeling good. I want you to feel good when you read my stuff or listen to my audio, but mostly I want you to live good which always results in feeling good. See the difference there? Just getting a chemical feel good fix is like being a drug addict, actually it’s pretty much the same thing and works the same way. If you want to feel good, happy, peaceful, and satisfied, live that way all the time. Living the good life is determined by you. Your thoughts, those pesky beliefs and habitual actions are the result of what you say everything is. Changing those requires, well.. changing those. See? Everything out there is a reflection of in there.. in you. Yes, you really are that powerful. Just feeling good is no more long term effective than a Scooby Do band aid on a broken leg.
4. Social Media and hash tag pile up. How much time do you spend liking, sharing and commenting on your social networks? You can find me on a lot of networks but I don’t live there. I have a life outside the matrix of Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. How much time do you spend face to face with people or at least actually having a phone conversation? This is very important for several reasons. Social networking is not the same energy as looking someone in the eyes and feeling their energy as you have a shared conversation. It’s safer feeling to stay on line or text quick little nothings all day long but it doesn’t satisfy your desire for real interaction with others. It often leads to feelings of isolation, being left out or being able to only feel anything when online clicking, sharing and or arguing. I love technology and the internet and use it just about every single day, I wouldn’t have a radio station or video channel or even this blog without it.. BUT I spend time each and every day looking people in the eyes and feeling them. Listening to another is often one of the most effective ways of hearing yourself. As others reflect our own version of reality it’s important to notice the energy of and conversations we are engaged in. What is it saying to you about you? Perhaps you might be interested in a new group of friends whose interests are more in line with yours right about this time. Remember energy always returns in more like it.
5. Stock pile of all that unwanted stuff everywhere. This is one of the first steps I give new students.. get rid of the stuff! Grab it by the armload and throw it out. All that piled up, unused stuff is a message just waiting for you to notice. You are caught up somewhere in lack mentality. Cluttered mind, cluttered emotions, cluttered home equals cluttered life. Who wants to live a cluttered up and messy life? Well, some may.. but you don’t or you wouldn’t still be reading this. As you start going through every dresser, drawer, box and closet in your house feel your way through. Be open to why you have all that stuff, what does it represent for you? What does it mean to have all that clutter everywhere? Are you hedging against the day when there isn’t any more stuff? Do you foresee a time of total lack where your very survival will depend on all that stuff? Are you afraid you can’t get anymore stuff? FEAR is a big hole for most humans in the west. We are marketed to through fear, kept in line with fear and our Full Throttle Thriving is kept at bay with FEAR. In my new book, “ I Can Fill This Space With Any Thing I Want, Consciously Creating Life”, the title for chapter four is FEAR Forgetting Everything Ain’t Real! That’s what fear is all about. In order to move from survival mindset to thrival mindset and actually live a life that tickles the tarnation out of you, facing the fear is a necessary step. You can thrive but not as long as you are determined to hold onto all the clutter of beliefs and stuff that take up the space where the good stuff would be if you let go of everything you don’t like. (Another of my signature long sentences just for the grammar police and I think it’s a great and fun way to make my point)
Now let’s wrap up this pretty long blog. I was going to give 7 ways to know you aren’t thriving but still struggling to survive, aren’t you glad I decided on just 5? Me too! You are powerful. You do bring forth the experiences that you believe are yours already. You do this through beliefs, thoughts, feelings and actions. Change those and everything changes. It’s just that simple. It may not feel that easy to you right now because you don’t know how to move from what you’ve always lived as true to something else. Here’s where I can be of service to you. Head on over to my Author Page on Amazon and look through my books. Grab one in either Kindle, print or audio. Read or listen, make notes, listen to your inner voice and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. That’s it. Oh, one more thing I do work with a few private students. Check out my services page here and for more options to work with me visit my website Consciousness Power. That’s it for this blog.
I love you, love yourself well,
The Barefoot Guru (that barefoot part is totally true by the way)
OH, leave me a comment here.. I love conversation.. and if you haven’t already.. consider leaving reviews for my books on Amazon! You can give me a reason to do the dance of joy.